Single site organisations will have both an HQ (parent) ODS code and a site ODS (child) code. You can use either code to register for the Data Security and Protection Toolkit. Using the HQ code allows your business to expand/acquire new branches and add them to the same Toolkit submission in the future.
If you are applying for NHSmail via the National Administration Service (NAS) you must use your site code (V****).
You can look up your ODS code by following our advice on How to find your ODS code. You can look up how to register on our Registering for the Data Security and Protection Toolkit page.
1. When you have completed all items marked as mandatory, you can publish at Approaching Standards level. Click on this blue button at the bottom of the page:
2. Click “blank action plan template” to download your action plan and then complete this for the requirements you haven’t finished yet.
3. When you have completed your action plan, upload it here:
4. You will be able to see the file you have uploaded. If you need to make any changes you can remove and replace the file.
5. Once this is done, click “Publish Approaching Standards Assessment”. You will then be asked to confirm that your organisation profile is correct. Make any changes you need and then click “Publish Approaching Standards Assessment”.
When you have done this, you will receive an email confirming that you have published and confirmation will appear on the screen.
Congratulations, you have completed approaching standards on the DSPT. To move onto your standards met assessment, please look at our Completing Standards Met on the Data Security and Protection Toolkit pages.
To help us improve this website, we’d like to know more about your visit today.
Please leave any feedback below :